Y’all! I have such an easy and way yummy breakfast recipe for you today! Breakfast Potatoes with caramelized onions, peppers and bacon is just what my carb heart needed! When I had the opportunity to try Simply Potatoes® already diced potatoes I was so excited! I love potatoes because I am a complete carb addict of course and will find all sorts of reason to incorporate a potato or pasta into a main dish if I can! The joy of this is the potatoes are the main dish and I love that!
These potatoes are already peeled and diced and ready to use which shaves off at least 10 minutes from your prep. If I’m honest it’s about 20 minutes for me because I am slow when it comes to peeling because I don’t want to cut myself. The other thing I love about these is they are perfectly the same size which means you don’t have to worry about uneven cooking! This is the one enemy I’ve always had with homemade roasted potatoes and this solved it completely!
Also, one of you will win three certificates for free Simply Potatoes®! All you have to do to enter is comment below with your favorite way to eat Potatoes and you’re in! Click here to learn about these lovely potatoes!!!
So, let’s get to it because I know you are looking for a simple dish to make the next Saturday or Sunday you get to sleep in with your family! This is it!
You don’t have to have multiple bowls as I do because it truly all gets mixed in one but, I like to organize and distribute. Ha.
Pour your pan drippings all over the mixture of veggies! Do not add the cheese or bacon yet!
Once you have it all mixed well and looking lovely add your bacon! Cheese goes on in the end though!
So heres the FYI and what Not about this recipe:
*I made an entire pan for 4 people with this recipe and used 2 bags of the Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes
*I used an entire pound of bacon and saved the grease for the potatoes. You could totally use oil if you’d rather but, this way gives it more flavor!
*Feel free to use as little or more cheese to your tastes, I used two cups
*Try to dice your veggies in similar fashion of the potato shapes for uniformity
*serve with fruit or bread if you want as I did
*If you’re in a mood to have Mexican this is wonderful served with salsa, sour cream & green onions!
- 2 bags of Simply Potatoes® diced potatoes
- 2 cups of Monterey Jack Cheese (Shredded fresh if you can!)
- 2 cups of diced onion - any variety
- 1 cup of diced bell pepper- any color
- 1 pound of bacon, cooked and drained and separated in 1/2 with reserved pan drippings (use 1/3 cup of plain oil if substituting)
- salt and pepper to taste (I use LOTS at least a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon of the following: dried thyme, dried oregano, & dried basil (or use 1 tablespoon of 21 seasonings salute if you have it!)
- Dice onions and pepper similar in size and add to bowl of Simply Potatoes®
- mix in seasonings
- pour in bacon drippings or oil if you are using
- Mix well but, gently until all seem to be covered then add in 1/2 the bacon at this point
- Layer all of this on a cookie sheet coated in non stick spray and put into a pre-heated 425 degree oven
- Set timer for 30 minutes then rotate pan and using your spatula try to flip all potatoes over to allow all sides to roast!
- set timer for 30 minutes more and remove from the oven.
- Mix in the remaining bacon and all cheese!
- It will be amazing and perfection. serve immediately!