Hey Y’all! Oh my goodness it’s been so very long since I blogged. I can’t believe it’s been almost 9 months! Sad day but, I am so ready to get caught up with you guys and also share my Chili recipe! Since I’m rejoining the blog world as Fall starts I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate cooler weather coming other than finally sharing the way I make mine! This chili comforts you like an oversized sweater y’all! The best part is you can take out things you don’t love & the base of this goodness is still way great Chili!
There are a few things in my life that always bring me joy: Jesus & His Grace, Thunderstorms, Sunrises, Laughter, & being in the kitchen. While it makes me sad to realize I haven’t shared a new recipe or word with you guys for most of this year, I am excited to get reacquainted with my blog friends and focus on making Jenniferbakes somewhere you come all the time for goodness & reminders of all Jesus is in our world y’all. Please have grace & stick around! Two things have been different for me in the last 9 months:
1. I went way lighter this year with the hair y’all!
2. I’m officially a SnapChat WHORE but, had to learn a lot!
And now I am obsessed with pursuing blogging and writing full time! I hope you’ll make this soon and let me know how you adapt it to make it perfect for you! I prefer to add chunks – Not shredded- pieces of sharp sharp cheese. A tad sour cream and green onions if I’m thinking ahead. Always crackers for me but, crusty bread is also great for a lot of folks!
Here’s the line up:
1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
1 Lb Hot Italian Sausage
5 cans of kidney beans (Drained & Rinsed)
3 cans of diced tomatoes (Preferrably with chili peppers)
1/4 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
1 onion diced
1 bell pepper diced
5 cans of water
Chili Fixins! Cheddar, Montery Jack Cheese, Green Onions, Sour Cream, CRACKERS or Bread!
Note: You do not have to add the onions or peppers. That is my preference & it adds a level of flavor that I would miss but, sometimes I keep it basic. I use beef only and don’t add the veggies. It’s still delicious and even easier. Also, this recipe can be halved with no issues- so make it as you need!
1. Dice your veggies & sauté them until tender over Medium heat- Probably 5-7 minutes.
2. Brown your meat & DRAIN it – especially if you use the sausage.
3. Combine Everything above in a dutch oven if you have it or just large pot – Covered almost completely and turn it to Medium high until it reaches a rolling boil which usually takes around 15 minutes. Once this happens turn it down to Medium low and cook another half hour.
4. Serve it with whatever your heart fancies! This freezes beautifully also and is perfectly yummy re-heated!
- 1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 5 cans of kidney beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes (Preferrably with chili peppers)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 5 cans of water
- Chili Fixins! Cheddar, Montery Jack Cheese, Green Onions, Sour Cream, CRACKERS or Bread!
- Brown the beef & sausage & drain it well
- using the same pan saute the peppers & onions until just tender (4-5 minutes) I add salt & pepper also here.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, beef, sausage, spices, & water adjusting the water based on how thin or thick you prefer your Chili.I prefer mine in the middle so 5 cans of water is goodCombine it all as best you can! Your pot may be super full at this point.
- Halfway cover your pot and turn the burner on medium high heat until you bring the chili to a boil. Let it cook for another 20 minutes and then turn it down to medium low for another half hour or so
- Serve it with something good such as Cheese and Sour Cream & Make sure you have Crackers or Crusty Bread!