So Cinco De Mayo is a majorly over celebrated event in the United States if you ask me. It does, however, invite the reasoning to have tacos & salsa & so good guacamole and my personal favorite, Quesadillas!
In the words of Madea “quazadillas”… if you don’t get that reference I am sorry and highly suggest you google Madea. Try the King size bag of skittles reference… :)
They have endless possibilities because let’s be honest: Cheese & Butter make all things glorious. They’re good with veggies or meat or cheese or all of the above really. I tend to prefer them with Chicken, cheese, onions, & peppers. The classic spin of Fajitas but, not. They are comforting because the cheese melts and holds everything together & makes you feel super satisfied at the end.
So, use whatever you wish but, make some. Make them for your family or your friend/co-worker who will inevitably drink too much tequila when you go out to celebrate. Share them with your friends because they are definitely a gathering type of dish! Also, click here to make use of my super easy and bad ass Guacamole! It’s so good, y’all!
Some thoughts of importance:
- Don’t be afraid of butter in this endeavor. It just makes them better and it’s kinda a grilled cheese. The butter is required.
- Heat your pan on medium high heat when you assemble the quesadilla. Watch it but, let it cook and slightly crisp the tortilla before you flip it.
- Add cheese to each side of the quesadilla because you want the fillings to stay together until you cut them!
- Don’t be afraid of seasoning on the chicken. It needs flavor.
- Finally, serve them with Guacamole & salsa & sour cream! Add some beans & Rice for an authentic restaurant experience. Don’t forget the limes!
You will need:
- A good sturdy frying pan; Cast Iron or something heavy will work best.
- To cut on your oven fan.. things get a little smoky cooking spices at a high heat.
- Patience. You’ll be saying “Get in my Belly” as soon as you lay the meat & veggies into the cheese!
The recipe is below & I cannot wait to hear about these! Hashtag your cooking & baking with #jenniferbakes ! I love seeing your creations! Here is wishing you a Happy Cinco De Mayo!